Friday, July 15, 2005

C'est la vie...

I had to say goodbye to one of my best friends today. My childhood puppy Sebastian walked a good 14 years on this earth; half of my life. 90lbs of fur and unconditional love made a lot of people happy. My mom went from never wanting a dog to calling him my brother and that is sorta what it feels like. We all knew his last tail wag would be soon though. The spirit was more than willing, the body simply wasn't able anymore.


Along with all the stress and the mundane things that compete unceasingly for our time and energy, we are granted an essential element. We have the gift to love. That gift helps to weave some threads of sense and meaning into this place that we call the universe. It is a big universe. I think that it is going to take a lot of threads and a lot of weaving to get the job done.


Have a great weekend, if you go for a nice walk in the sun, wag your tails in memory of Sebastian.

No comments: